Breast Health Ambassadors
Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Breast cancer continues to be an active killer in our communities and we are taking action!
Breast cancer does not have any bias; it affects all races and ethnic minorities without considering neither medical insurance nor socio economic status. We believe that we can advance health equity and reduce health disparities by engaging community leaders in the process.
We have engaged and formally trained Breast Health Community Ambassadors that will raise awareness and educate our local communities about breast health and breast cancer. These Ambassadors are a key piece in the health continuum of care and will act as liaisons between the community and medical resources in Moore and Lee counties.
The core roles of the Loving Life/Amando La Vida Ambassadors are:
- Bridging cultural mediation between communities, health, and social service systems
- Providing culturally appropriate health education and information
- Assuring people get the services they need
- Providing informal counseling and social support
- Advocating for individual and community needs
Also, as part of continuing education and training, their roles will be:
- Providing direct service, such as basic first aid and administering health screening tests
- Building individual and community capacity in a manner that is culturally and linguistically appropriate, particularly in communities and for populations that have been historically underserved and uninsured.
To volunteer for this worthy and rewarding opportunity, submit your information in the “volunteer sign up form" section of the website or contact us for additional information. The training is done by certified personnel in the field. All supplies, uniforms, and educational materials for this empowering Ambassador program with the Loving Life/Amando La Vida Ambassadors are included once you graduate program.